The Product Development and Design Center of the Philippines is a technical agency of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), mandated to increase the quality and competitiveness of Philippine products through design.
The Product Development and Design Center of the Philippines is mandated to:
1. Provide product identification, research, and development services to the private sector;
2. Conduct seminars and workshops on product design and development;
3. Set up design exhibitions;
4. Publish product design-related materials;
5. Conduct continuing research on product and design trends and processing technologies.
To be the Premier Design Servicing Agency of the Philippines that promotes design as a tool for improving the quality and competitiveness of Philippine products by servicing the design needs and requirements of micro, small and medium enterprises.
Fostering the design profession through industrial design promotion and education activities such as fora, seminars, exhibitions, competitions, publications, andinformation linkages and exchanges.
PDDCP shall serve as:
The contributor / provider of innovative and good designs for global markets in partnership with government and industries in delivering prompt and efficient service.
1. Develop product designs;
2. Undertake applied research on materials manipulation in aid of product development;
3. Provide design and technical consultations;
4. Conduct technology demonstrations;
5. Promote the Industrial Design profession and the value of design.